Monday, September 18, 2006

Before Breakfast

This morning I got up at 7:30.
Some people where praying/meditating in the Gazebo by the lake. I walked alone along the misty morning lakeside trail with a mandolin and made up songs of thanks that my soul decided to rejoin my body again this morning. A man on a porch overheard my Melody and pulled out his ukulele and began to strum. We joined forces on the porch. I didn't know his name, but I knew so much about him from his heart song. We played and played and a woman come through the door on the porch. She was conducting a morning course on "what is happiness" in the room next door to a group of 20 teen-agers and the group had consensed that the two old friends making music through the window on the porch was their ideal of happiness. She asked if we would come in and share ourselves with the group. Of course we did. I told about how happiness for the most part was a bunch of tricks you pick up. Tricks for staying appreciative. Tricks for being true to yourself. How a rich person is one who's content with what he has. And then I played them the happy song. It was a delightful way to start the day.
My first batch of Kiddies come tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home